I haven’t talked a lot about skincare on the blog, but it’s definitely something I want to write more about. I have fairly sensitive skin and I tend to have acne-prone skin. Because of those two factors, I’m always on the lookout for new products to try and treat my skin to.
I’ve used many different face masks – peel offs, sheet, clay (you get the picture). But for some reason I had never tried GLAMGLOW’s. So instead of buying multiple pots of it, I decided to get their #multimasking kit and try it out. Inside the box, you find “SUPERMUD“, “YOUTHMUD“, “GRAVITYMUD“, “THIRSTYMUD“, “FLASHMUD“, and “POWERMUD.” I’ve decided to break down every single mask from the box and give you my take on which one is the best and worth the money.
- SO many options to choose from!! I loved being able to mix and match the products. (It’s recommended actually, and has some examples of the best ways to use multiple products!) Use one on your forehead, one on your neck, and one on the rest of your face.
- 100% WORTH IT!! You only pay $39 for the whole kit, and the masks definitely last longer than one use. I used some, and so did my mom, and we still have some leftover! This is a $97 value, so it’s for sure worth it.
- I noticed a difference in my skin within a few days of using it – specifically the SUPERMUD and THIRSTYMUD. Obviously, I can’t guarantee that you’ll notice a difference, but it was really nice to see that my skin was clearer and more supple.
- Some masks have a different leave on time, so make sure you keep track of what needs to be removed first if you plan on mixing and matching your masks.
- Your skin could get a bit irritated after removing the masks. This can happen with any product, so it’s really not that big of a deal. My skin was just a little red after removing the masks, but that died down within an hour.
- SUPERMUD – This is a clearing mask and perfect for acne prone skin. I would recommend this for oily and combo skin, but not for dry skin. I used this ONLY my problem areas and I felt like it helped my skin purge and bring out the toxins and junk hiding under my skin. There was a noticeable difference, so I felt like this really worked!
- YOUTHMUD – I’m terrified of getting “tech neck.” If you haven’t heard of this let me break it down for you. Basically, because generations now a days are more likely to be looking down at their phones, laptops, and tablets the skin on our neck is more likely to wrinkle and we are more likely to get a double chin. Obviously I’m paraphrasing a little, but seriously that is not something that I want. This mask is good for all skin types, and helps get rid of fine lines and wrinkles. I’m using it more as a preventative measure, and my neck felt smoother after just one use.
- GRAVITYMUD – Part two of my race to beat the tech neck and double chin from ever appearing. This anti-aging mask target more of the “loss of firmness and elasticity” in your skin. According to Sephora, this mask is good for all skin types. If you’re looking for a firming face mask, this should be your go to as opposed to YOUTHMUD, which should be used more for fine lines and wrinkles.
- THIRSTYMUD – Not only do I have sensitive and acne prone skin, but I have combo as well. So I applied this mask to my forehead, because this “spring” is making my skin a little drier than normal, and I noticed a difference the next day. My skin felt more supple and healthier and definitely not as dry. I didn’t think this would be one of my favorites, as I haven’t had a ton of luck with moisturizing masks, but I was surprisingly impressed.
- FLASHMUD – Another mask that is suitable for all skin types, this mask helps bring out the brightness, corrects uneven skin tone, and helps remove dark spots. I didn’t notice a difference with this right away, but I’m going to keep using it as it may take more than a couple applications. This one is going to be great for summer in getting rid of dull skin and helping with that natural glow.
- POWERMUD – This is a cleansing treatment. It is okay for each skin type to use according to Sephora. I am still trying this one out, but it is meant to target redness and an uneven skin tone. It helps with removing build up and dirt that clog your skin. I haven’t used this one a ton yet, as I’ve been giving my skin this past week to breathe and go without makeup. (It really does wonders for your skin to give it break from everything!) I’m going to keep trying this and I’ll update you via my Instagram stories.
110% worth it!! Whether you’re treating yourself to a spa day and don’t want to pay full price for these products, or you’re looking to just try them out this is ideal. For sensitive and acne prone skin like mine my vote for favorite mask goes to SUPERMUD. It helps get rid of impurities and is great for detoxing your skin. THIRSTYMUD is a close second, as it made my skin feel so so nice and hydrated!!
10/03/2018 UPDATE: I am still using some of these products! I do not use SUPERMUD as much anymore, but have been using POWERMUD and THIRSTYMUD. Still recommend!!
If you’ve tried any of these treatments leave me a comment or shoot me a message letting me know you’re favorite out of the six!