Wow, what a week! My family and I road tripped up to the Upper Peninsula and became Yoopers for a week. (For my non-Michigan friends a “Yooper” is what people who live in the UP are commonly referred to as, and anyone who lives below the Mackinac Bridge is commonly called a “Troll” by said Yoopers.)
It was such a fun filled week and I honestly can’t wait for our next adventure. We rented a house right on Lake Superior in Marquette and spent our days outside and by the water. We used our skim boards, cliff jumped, and took a jet boat out to Grand Island. Enjoy the short travel diary I put together of some of my favorite memories with some of my favorite people!
- Grand Island
- Presque Isle
- Pictured Rocks
- Black River Falls
- Sugar Loaf Mountain
- Tahquamenon Falls State Park
Must Do Activities:
- Cliff Jumping in Presque Isle
- Pictured Rocks Tours in Munising
- Chase Waterfalls at Black River Falls or Tahquamenon Falls State Park
- Hiking at Sugar Loaf Mountain
- Eat a Pasty at Muldoon’s in Munising
- Explore Downtown Marquette
- Hiking or Biking at Grand Island National Recreation Area
- Boating/Fishing/Swimming on Lake Superior
It was so nice to take some time to relax, disconnect, and spend quality time with my favorite people. As you can tell by the video we all had a great time goofing off and being responsibility free for a week.
If you’ve been to the UP, what are some spots that we missed that we should hit up next time??